NORD has awarded research grants to the following scientists and institutions:
- Arun Pradhan, PhD, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio
- J. Silvio Gutkind, PhD, University of California, San Diego, California
- D. Scott Merrell, PhD, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland
- Marc Pocard, MD, PhD, Institut national de la santé et de la recherche médicale (Inserm), Paris
- Traci L. Testerman, PhD, University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Columbia, South Carolina
These grants are for studies of alveolar capillary dysplasia with misalignment of the pulmonary veins (with support from the David Ashwell Foundation, Alveolar Capillary Dysplasia Association and William Akers Jr. and Georgia O. Akers Private Foundation) and appendix cancer pseudomyxoma peritonei (with support from the Appendix Cancer Pseudomyxoma Peritonei Research Foundation).