Many of the unmet needs in major depressive disorder (MDD) are modifiable, including improving diagnostic accuracy and offering treatments with faster onset of action, treatments with greater overall efficacy, and treatments that can improve patient functioning.
Click here to read the supplement and earn 1 AMA Category 1 Credit TM by learning about these unmet needs, and innovative strageies working to address them.
- Targeting Unmet Needs in the Treatment of Major Depressive Disorder
- Innovative Strategies for Treatments of Major Depressive Disorder: A Brief Review of Recent Developments
- After completing this activity, the participant should be better able to:
- Treat major depression within 2 weeks.
- Use evidence based treatments to achieve remission in major depression.
- Discuss novel targets including glutamate for treating major depression.
- Utilize treatments with innovative mechanisms to treat major depression.